Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 1 of Crossfit

I just completed my third workout of the week at Crossfit. It's been great, although the workouts are definitely harder than in the On-Ramp classes, but that's to be expected.

Today, Saturday's workout was a group WOD with 4 people per team. We had to do 5 rounds for reps of:

rowing for calories (45s)
15s off
14lb wall balls (45s) * I used 10lb and they still killed me!!!
15s off
pull-ups (45s) *I used ring rows as I'm still not there with the pull-ups
15s off
push-ups (45s)
15s off

My total reps for the 5 rounds were 220 and our team managed 930 reps altogether, which was great work!

My struggle this week was with the power snatch and overhead squat we were working on in Friday's workout. I'm finding that I am leaning forward too much with the added weight of the real bar (previously we only used 6lb bar, and now I'm working with a 15lb bar and trying to add weight to it.

This is how the Power Snatch should look...


And the Overhead Squat should be like this (this chick is seriously badass, btw!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment