Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 1 in the Real Crossfit World

One of our greatest worries/concerns in the On-Ramp Crossfit group was advancing to the main Crossfit classes. Instead of our intimate 4-person group through the on-ramp class, the main classes can have around 20 people of all kinds of levels, so it's kinda intimidating.

However, we needn't have worried. Yesterday, Monday August 16, I signed up for a 3-month contract with Windy City and did my first class. It went something like this:

Warm-Up:

400m run followed by:

2 rounds of:
Burgener Warm Up (As shown in following video)
25s hold in rings
Ankle warm-up in ladder on floor
5 Box Hurdles


Then, we started to add more weight to our snatch, aiming to find our ORM (One Rep Max), but I'm not happy with my form yet, so I stayed with a 15lb bar plus 10 lb, as I really want to master the form first. This is how the snatch should look:



WOD:
Recorded for Time:

800m run
50 ring dips
50 sit ups

Since I haven't done ring-dips, I changed here and did push-ups.

My time was 10.45 and 800m is the furthest I have run in years, which was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment