Friday, July 23, 2010

Getting Started in Crossfit

I first heard of Crossfit when some friends of mine in Panama started planning their Crossfit gym, Top Level Gym, which will be a Mixed Martial Arts and Crossfit gym. Intrigued, when I moved to Chicago, I looked for a Crossfit gym and did some research. It's a very no-nonsense kind of fitness plan, and because it's very team-oriented, there's really no way for you to back out once you get started. Not like going for a run and after five minutes calling your buddy and heading to the nearest bar. That happens to me, you see.

So, after I decided Crossfit was a good idea for me, I found Windy City Crossfit here in Chicago and instantly signed up for their On-Ramp course, a 4-week intro to Crossfit. I say instantly, because that's the only way it was going to happen. You sometimes have to throw yourself into these new hobbies/lifestyles.

The On-Ramp course lasts 4 weeks and comprises of 3 one-hour workouts a week. I am in a group of 4 people - that's me, Anthony, Diane and Doreen and our instructor is Vince. They're a great bunch of people and all super-enthusiastic and ready to get in killer shape, which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment